Statistically, a huge number of marriages end up in divorce. Lots of relationships end. That’s just the way things are. Relationships are always a learning and growing experience, and we (ideally) come out from every relationship as a better, stronger person.
One of the big debates surrounding relationships and, more particularly, breakups, is whether or not someone can fall back in love with their partner. Some people believe that it’s absolutely possible to fall back in love, whereas others think this is a myth. The latter believe that once you fall out of love, you stay out of love.
In this article, we’re going to discuss both sides of this debate so you can decide for yourself whether or not it’s possible to fall back in love with your partner.
Falling Out of Love – Is This Even Possible?
One of the biggest difficulties that we face when discussing this issue is the fact that everyone has a different definition of love.
Some people say that once you fall in love, you stay in love. Forever. Other people believe that you can fall in and out of love relatively easily. Others believe that it’s easy to be in love with multiple people at the same time.
Ultimately, it depends on your own personal definition of love.
- Some people believe that being ‘in love’ means that you develop a certain degree of love which you can share with only one person. When this feeling begins to dwindle, you are falling ‘out of love.’
- Other people believe that when you feel love for someone, that feeling remains forever. No matter what situation or experience you share with that person, you will always love them – even if your relationship falters.
This basic discrepancy obviously drives a wedge in between what some people consider love and others don’t.
I Fell Out of Love – Can I Fall Back In Love?
If you are of the school that believes that you can fall out of love as easily as you can fall in love, don’t worry. You’re not alone. This is the most common belief that people share in our modern age.
If you feel like you’ve fallen out of love with your spouse or partner, you might wonder if you (or they) can fall back in love. To figure this out, you have to take some things into consideration.
- Why did you fall out of love? If you fell out of love because your partner wasn’t satisfying an emotional, mental, spiritual, or physical need, then it’s possible you could fall back in love once they start providing for you.
- Did you fall in love with someone else? Again, this ties into the first question. What is this second person providing for you that your first partner wasn’t providing, and can your original partner learn how to provide for you?
- What do you need to fall back in love? If you fell out of love, there was a reason. If you find out that reason and work to correct it, it’s possible that you can fall back in love.
There are lots of ways that you can fall back in love with someone.
- Make sure you let go of any past resentments. These can create all sorts of problems in relationships.
- Be happy, kind, compassionate, and caring. Be there for your partner, and make sure that they’re there for you.
- Be communicative and make sure that both of you understand where you’re really at emotionally, sexually, mentally, and spiritually.
If you’ve fallen out of love with someone, then that means there was something that created issues in your relationship. Finding out what these issues were and working to correct them is the best way to fall back in love. Be kind, communicate openly, and make sure you don’t approach your partner with resentments.