Kids comprise a unique group of individuals when it comes to the right food choice to feed them. You can get great ideas on related food choices for healthy living by ordering an essay from Term Paper Easy. Kids are actively growing and also very active.
The food choice has to cater to both the enormous energy demands but also the health aspect, as research has shown that kids can get obese with serious ramifications. Parents should, therefore, carefully consider what their kids eat to reduce cases of illnesses, retarded development, and growth.
Top Ten Foods Healthy for a Child
Parents face a unique challenge of getting healthy foods and making sure their kids eat them. Most kids have a sweet tooth, and therefore what they want to eat can inadvertently be dangerous to their health. So what exactly constitutes a healthy food for a kid? Here is a list of the top ten healthy meals for kids.
- Yogurt. It is a perfect breakfast or snack option for your kid, though keep a watchful eye on the additional sugar content. Yogurt provides probiotics that are useful bacteria that ensure the gut remains healthy. It includes vitamin D and proteins, which mostly lack in other kid diets. If you can, avoid flavored yogurt and opt for Greek yogurt that has twice the content of protein as regular yogurt with no sugar additions.
- Beans. Beans are rich in fiber and protein and offer a perfect superfood for your kids. Purchase canned beans low in sodium, such as kidney or black beans. Kids will get high fiber and lean protein from seeds. Fiber helps in digestion and making kids feel full, while proteins help in muscle and tissue development.
- Eggs. A large egg provides vitamins D and B12, iron, and protein content of about 6 grams. Fortified eggs also contain fatty acids (omega-3), which is instrumental in a child’s brain development. Early introduction of eggs to a child’s diet introduces allergens necessary to prevent future allergies.
- Avocado. Feeding kids avocados ensures the incorporation of healthy fats into a kid’s diet. Avocado reduces inflammation and regulates cholesterol levels due to their monounsaturated fats.
- Sweet Potato. Sweet potatoes appeal to kids because of their sweet taste. They contain fiber, potassium, and vitamin A. Increase in potassium and limiting salt keeps the heart healthy and ensures proper blood pressure.
- Milk. Kids require strong bones, and milk contains calcium necessary to strengthen bones. Milk also contains other essential nutrients like vitamin B12, phosphorus, potassium, and proteins. Choose a variety of milk types that your kid loves, though avoid sweetened or flavored milk. Also, check the labels before purchasing one because each has a separate nutritional profile.
- Nuts & Seeds. Replace the crunchy low-fiber snacks with seeds and nuts for kids. They deliver fats, proteins, and fiber. You can choose from the array of cashews, almonds, sunflower seeds, and many more. Opt for seeds instead of nuts if your child exhibits a tree nut allergy.
- Whole Grains. They deliver lacking nutrients in a kid’s diet. It contains fiber, which keeps them regular and full. The daily fiber requirement for kids stands at 25 grams, and most snacks have 1-3 grams every serving. Whole grains can consist of brown rice, oatmeal, and whole-wheat bread, among others.
- Berries. Berries contain high levels of vitamin C and other antioxidants besides having fiber. Strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries offer a perfect berry choice for kids.
- Vegetables. Most kids hardly eat vegetables despite its importance. Vegetables contain vitamins K, A, and C based on the color of the plants. Try and get your child to eat at least a type to get certain nutrients. Leafy greens give vitamin K, red vegetables, and oranges provide vitamin A. At the same time, pepper has lots of vitamin C. vegetables also contain antioxidants, which reduces the chances of cancer happening in their older lives.
Kids have to eat right because of the nutrient demand, their growth, development, and physical exertions require. Lack of any nutrient can cause serious health problems, which can sometimes lead to permanent damage. With the top ten food selection choices provided, you are sure you’re your child will have a balance of everything their body requires to maintain their health and development.